Iowa Rivers Revival (IRR) seeks new executive leadership to build on IRR’s legacy of successful river advocacy, river education, and outreach in Iowa. Founded in 2007, IRR is a non-profit organization that works to help Iowans restore, protect, and enjoy our rivers. We envision clean, free-flowing Iowa rivers teeming with life, surrounded by diverse landscapes, and connecting vibrant communities.
Overview of position:
The Executive Director is the chief administrator of Iowa Rivers Revival. Responsibilities include overall strategic and operational responsibility for IRR programs, financial management, and staff. The Executive Director is accountable to IRR’s Board of Directors including implementation of the board’s policies and directives.
The Executive Director’s duties include but are not limited to:
Leadership and management:
Overall day-to-day administration of the organization including planning, program implementation and administration, strategic planning, program evaluation, budgeting and financial management, fundraising, outreach, and communications.
Responsible for the accounting of all funds received and annual budget planning in conjunction with the board.
Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors.
Lead, coach, and support IRR’s staff team.
Actively engage supporters and volunteers.
Assure effective systems to track progress and evaluate programs so successes can be communicated to the board, supporters, funders, and the media.
Coordinate and oversee the planning, development, and implementation of IRR’s advocacy efforts, programs, and outreach initiatives.
Assure timely reporting to all funding sources.
Fundraising and organizational strength:
Oversee the planning, implementation, and management of all aspects of fundraising. Applying for grants, building on the strong IRR individual donor base, and developing diverse funding sources to assure financial stability and growth.
Build strong relationships with funders.
Make best use of board member resources for contacts and donor meeting facilitation
Outreach and communications:
Effectively communicate IRR’s vision, goals, and programs to diverse audiences including funders, supporters, partners, the media, and general public.
Utilize diverse communication tools including a strong social media presence.
Develop and strengthen partnerships with appropriate agencies, organizations, and individuals.
Strengthen all aspects of communication with the goal of creating a stronger issues awareness and support.
– A degree or experience in the natural resources field
– Demonstrated commitment to environmental issues
– A passion for rivers, river ecosystems, and a healthy environment
– Strong demonstrated ability to manage budgeted expenses and raise budgeted funds through individual donor programs and applying for grants appropriate for IRR programming and goals
– Experience or education in business management, program development and implementation, and strategic planning
– Strong marketing, writing, and public relations skills
– Ability to manage staff and work closely with an active board of directors
– Ability to partner and advocate with government agencies and legislators
– Ability to organize and effectively handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work independently within a team structure
– Ability to manage email, website maintenance and use Microsoft Office
– Ability to build a strong social media action plan
– Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills and public speaking ability
– Idealism, integrity, positive attitude
This position is for a full-time Executive Director, however a part-time proposal would be considered. The annual base salary range is $35,000 – $40,000 with strong growth potential. All IRR employees and contractors currently work from their home offices.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email or mail to Jerry Peckumn, Board Chair, at email@example.com or 1712 280th Street, Jefferson, Iowa 50129 by February 25, 2016.
For more information about Iowa Rivers Revival, you may request an information packet from Jenn Dreier at firstname.lastname@example.org.