We care about your safety – and ours! While we are unable to completely eliminate all live classroom or fieldwork to offer a meaningful workshop, we will be practicing way to minimize virus hazards in the following ways –
- Anyone exhibiting cough, sore throat, or fever symptoms should not attend sessions.
- One travel day has been eliminated from the 4-day event.
- All participants will be expected to practice >6’ distancing (12’ distance between speakers and participants).
- Masks for participants will be required during seminars. They should be accessible at all times and be used during fieldwork or any other time if a <6’ separation distance is anticipated between fieldwork team partners.
- Microsoft Teams will be used throughout the training for virtual collaboration and live attendance is optional, with the exception of the fieldwork portion of the training.
- Individuals can drive themselves to site visits.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Surfaces and equipment will be disinfected after use.
- All meals provided will consist of box lunches from a caterer
Iowa Rivers Revival, in collaboration with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, the Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership, and Stantec Engineering, will be hosting two Level 1 and one Level 2 Toolbox Training workshops.
Oct 5-8: Level 2 in Clive, IA *Must complete Level 1 to participate
The Level 1 workshops will focus on streambank stabilization and restoration techniques within the IDNR Toolbox and the Level 2 workshop will focus on geomorphic design. Both will include classroom lectures and field exercises, but Level 2 participants will develop conceptual stream restoration designs for a project in Clive.
These workshops are for a variety of individuals including engineers, architects, biologists, project managers, WMA coordinators, natural resources specialists, university facility, floodplain managers, and any other interested professionals.