Iowa Rivers Revival is committed to being a voice for Iowa’s rivers. We seek to advance river issues and priorities with Iowa policy makers, river supporters, and the general public. IRR has hired a lobbyist and plays a strong role in advocating for clean water, public funding to develop water trails and dam removal, and river restoration efforts in the Iowa.
We will continue IRR’s river advocacy and leadership at the Iowa Statehouse in 2013 by pursuing the following legislative priorities:
- Sustain the current $1 million appropriation for River Restoration and Dam Mitigation, and if possible increase that funding to $2 million to address the backlog of projects that could help make our rivers safer and more accessible.
- Continue to inform supporters about Lake Delhi activities – especially the use of public funds.
- Monitor legislation that could affect the quality and condition of Iowa’s rivers.
- Ensure unfettered river and stream access across the state.
- Promote fully funding REAP, and support Iowa’s Water & Land Legacy Trust Fund.
Save the Date – IRR Legislative Reception, Feb 4, 2013, 5-7 p.m.
The Legislative Reception is scheduled for February 4th, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Noodle Zoo Café in Des Moines at E 6th and Locust. The reception is free and open to river supporters. Please encourage your legislators to attend so you can help share and show the broad range of support for river issues across the state.