It is Weekend Update time!
- The 2018 legislative session is winding down. We are still waiting to hear about final budget decisions and funding for the state’s low-head dam safety mitigation and water trails program. If your Senator or Representative serves on the Transportation, Infrastructure, and Capitals Appropriations Subcommittee and has NOT yet heard from you, PLEASE give them a call and talk about the value of this program and its ability to help revitalize communities.
Here are the members of that committee:
- Craig Johnson Chair (R) NE Iowa- Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan and Fayette Counties
- Tim L. Kapucian Vice Chair (R) Eastern Iowa- Benton, Iowa and Poweshiek Counties
- Matt McCoy Ranking Member (D) Southern Iowa- Polk and Warren Counties
- Tod R. Bowman (D) Eastern Iowa- Dubuque, Jackson and Jones Counties
- Roby Smith (R) Eastern Iowa- Scott County
- Daniel A. Huseman Chair (R) Cherokee County
- Skyler Wheeler Vice Chair (R) Sioux County
- Dennis M. Cohoon Ranking Member (D) Des Moines County
- Gary Carlson (R) Muscatine County
- David Kerr (R) Louisa County
- Mary Mascher (D) Johnson County
- Dave Maxwell (R) Poweshiek County
- Amy Nielsen (D) Johnson County
- Ras Smith (D) Black Hawk County
- Attend a local forum in your community and tell your story IN PERSON
Our elected officials need to hear from all of us if we are going to continue this important work to protect, restore and enjoy Iowa’s rivers and streams!
Senate switch board: 515-281-3371
House switch board: 515-281-3321
Tips- check out the following websites that can be very helpful during the legislative session: