Greetings IRR supporters and welcome to your weekend update!
- We’ve gotten some good news this week! Currently, both the House and Senate budget bills have earmarked $500,000 for DNR Water Trails (low-head dam safety mitigation and water trails projects). We are finally in the home stretch of this legislative session and simple gratitude can go a long way. Please contact your legislators and members of the RIIF committee. Thank them for restoring the line item (last year this fund was zeroed out) and encourage them to vote for the appropriation.
- There have been so many helpful voices in revitalizing this line item. We still have a long way to go, but coming back from zero is no small feat. If we pull this off, you will know that YOUR voice made a difference and will help fund restoration and recreational opportunities on rivers in Iowa.
- The Speaker of the House has stated that she plans on session ending THIS WEEKEND!
Senate switch board: 515-281-3371
House switch board: 515-281-3321
Senate Committee Members
- Craig Johnson Chair (R) NE Iowa- Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan and Fayette Counties
- Tim L. Kapucian Vice Chair (R) Eastern Iowa- Benton, Iowa and Poweshiek Counties
- Matt McCoy Ranking Member (D) Southern Iowa- Polk and Warren Counties
- Tod R. Bowman (D) Eastern Iowa- Dubuque, Jackson and Jones Counties
- Roby Smith (R) Eastern Iowa- Scott County
House Committee Members
- Daniel A. Huseman Chair (R) Cherokee County
- Skyler Wheeler Vice Chair (R) Sioux County
- Dennis M. Cohoon Ranking Member (D) Des Moines County
- Gary Carlson (R) Muscatine County
- David Kerr (R) Louisa County
- Mary Mascher (D) Johnson County
- Dave Maxwell (R) Poweshiek County
- Amy Nielsen (D) Johnson County
- Ras Smith (D) Black Hawk County
THANK YOU for your support this session. Every voice matters.
REMEMBER: Primaries are on June 5th and Election Day is November 6th, 2018!
Tips- check out the following websites that can be very helpful during the legislative session: