Position: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors
Location: Central Iowa
Iowa Rivers Revival Seeks Executive Director
Iowa Rivers Revival (IRR) seeks new executive leadership to build on IRR’s legacy of successful river advocacy, education, and outreach in Iowa. Founded in 2007, IRR is a statewide non-profit leading Iowans to protect, restore, and enjoy our rivers.
Position Overview The Executive Director is the chief administrator of Iowa Rivers Revival. Responsibilities include implementing the strategic plan and operational responsibility for IRR programs, finances, and staff. The Executive Director is accountable to IRR’s Board of Directors, including implementation of the Board’s policies and directives.
- Manage organizational administration, including planning, program implementation and oversight, budgeting and financial management, fundraising, outreach, and communications
- Implement the five-year strategic plan, as outlined
- Oversee accounting and annual budget planning, in collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Lead, mentor, and support IRR staff and its Board of Directors
- Engage supporters and volunteers
- Assure effective systems to track progress and evaluate programs
- Coordinate and oversee the planning, development, and implementation of IRR’s advocacy efforts, programs, and outreach initiatives
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and management of all aspects of fundraising, including grants, private giving, and corporate donations
- Grow IRR’s donor base and programmatic support throughout the state
- Develop a long-term development plan, in coordination with the Board of Directors
- Build strong relationships with funders
- Communicate IRR’s vision, goals, and programs to diverse audiences and utilizing varying media platforms
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with appropriate agencies, organizations, and individuals
- A degree or previous experience in natural resource management, program development and implementation, advocacy, or fundraising
- Passion for Iowa’s rivers and commitment to their protection and restoration
- Ability to manage staff and work closely with an active Board of Directors
- Possess the necessary skill-set in order to effectively partner and advocate with diverse groups, including governmental agencies, decision makers, community organizations, rural landowners, and others
- Ability to organize and effectively manage multiple projects, deadlines, and budgets independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and public speaking ability
- Exemplify integrity, strong work ethic, and positive attitude when representing IRR
This position is for a full-time Executive Director. Salary will be commensurate with experience. A benefits package and paid leave will also be provided.
To apply, interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by August 6, 2021, will receive full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
For more information about Iowa Rivers Revival, please visit our website at www.iowarivers.org.