The Upper Midwest Stream Restoration Symposium (UMSRS) presents a unique opportunity to bring together regional stream restoration practitioners so they may share experiences and expertise with colleagues working within similar environmental and land-use conditions. Attendees from multi-disciplinary backgrounds will hear about innovative restoration designs and approaches as well as have the opportunity to network with the region’s leading stream restoration practitioners.
REGISTER TO ATTEND the 2019 UMSRM HERE!
The Symposium we will be held in La Crosse, Wisconsin at the Radisson Hotel. The venue will allow easy access from across the Midwest via air or car. Organizers have worked hard to keep registration costs as low as possible.
UMSRS at a Glance
UMSRS will take place over 2.5 days. The Symposium will open on Sunday night with dinner and a keynote talk. The Symposium is single-track (no concurrent sessions) so that all attendees hear all presentation and discussions. Keynote speakers will open each day followed by oral and poster presentations.
Topics of discussion at previous UMSRS include:
- Stream Restoration Design and Monitoring
- Regulation and Stream Restoration: Where am I and what am I doing here?
- Water Quality Management in Midwest Streams
- Assessment and Monitoring of Stream Restoration Success
- Managing Invasive Species in Midwest River
- Aesthetics in Stream Restoration
- Rural Stream Restoration
- Ecology and Stream Restoration
- Stream Restoration and Agricultural Drainage
- Lessons Learned: Stream Restoration Failures (be a brave soul!)
- Stream Restoration Education: Using Projects as Teaching Tools for the Public
For more information, visit: http://prrsum.umn.edu/symposium/2019-upper-midwest-stream-restoration-symposium